Saturday, May 17, 2008

Summer is here!

This picture is pretty blurry - but you can still make out the 88!

It's official. We turned on the air conditioning today. The highest it reached inside was 88 degrees. It's been lingering there for a couple of days. Usually at night it drops a few but last night it just seemed a bit warm. I don't think that it's going to get any cooler any time soon. I didn't think that it was that warm in the house but maybe I'm just used to it. Jake and I play this game - How Long Can You Go? We see how long we can make it into the summer until we just can take it any more. Then when winter rolls along, we see how long we can go without turning on the heater. Last winter we made it for a long time. We would turn it on if we were going to have guests over though - well, depending on who they were. Family and close friends can use a blanket! So Mandy called me to tell me that at 5:30 p.m. it was 100 degrees outside. I thought that we did pretty good going without. Maybe I've just lived in the desert too long. 

5 comments:

Karla and Mike said...

You and Megs would get along great. In the winter she keeps her house temperature at about 60 degrees! I freeze my tush when I stay there. She is a true pioneer woman.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Are you kidding?! We've had our AC on for like months now. I can NOT stand it to be hot. One of my biggest pet peeves. Our AC is at 72degrees at night and 78 during the day. I can't take it hotter than that and I've lived here my whole life. I don't think you EVER get used to this stupid heat. STUPID place! LOL

Josh and Jay said...

I am going to melt! I heard it was 100 today!? YIKES!!!!

Mandy Frehner said...

You power saving diva! I think you should buy you something nice with all the savings! I have to keep our ubber drafty house at 70 ish. Not a fan of the $350 power bills though!

Shanae said...

I am freezing my family out! Our air is set on 75 and sometimes lower at night because this 6-month pregnancy business it not comfortable! I will be happy to move to Ephraim for the summer, but the winter...not so much ;)