Saturday, May 10, 2008

EMERGENCY!

Okay...this is the funniest thing this year or maybe EVER! Jake is infamous for his bloody noses in the early morning or late evenings. When I got home from canoeing this afternoon, Jake had just woken up. While in the shower his nose started to bleed. So I though, "sweet the a.m. bleeding is out of the way". Boy was I wrong. We were on our way to the movies and Jake's nose started to bleed AGAIN! I had nothing in the car. I mean not even a dirty sock, used tissue, or old napkin from a fast food joint. BUT I did have a Tampon! Hahaha! I asked him if he wanted it. He said, "I need something"! So at the next stop sign we inserted it into his nasal cavity. I could not stop laughing. Luckily I had my camera! 
Shortly after he asked if I could cut the string off! hahahaha! The question is: How far would you go (or your husband) if you had a bloody nose? Mine - all the way!

8 comments:

Josh and Jay said...

WHAT!!???!! I am laughing so hard right now!!
And josh wants to know what movie you saw?
But I am still laughing!

Andrew and Sara said...

I think I would use my shirt before I shoved a tampon up my nose, but desperate times call for desperate measures----That is SOOO FUNNY!!!

Beth and Shae said...

Emily,

I do have to say that the tampon up the nose picture is hilarious. However, I have heard of this before. In fact someone once told me that tampons are one of the best things to help control nose bleeds. Hey you could even tell Jake that next time you send him to the store for tampons they are not only for you but him too!! Ha ha.

Jacob and Emily said...

That's pretty good! He'll even know the size. Or when he asks for help he can say, "Well I know they can fit up my nose!" hahaha...I still can't stop laughing about it! It did work too! We went and saw Speed Racer and he was dry as can be.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

LOL, HILARIOUS! I can't believe that he agreed to use it. My husband would probably agree to do it but that's cause he's crazy! LOL

Jacqueline said...

Emily I seriously think you have the funniest (I think that is an Idaho word) Blog ever. It seems like everytime I read it I almost pee my pants!! What's with Jakes bald head?

Jaden and Stacy said...

Emily
I think that is the funniest thing that i have read in a really long time. That was so stinkin funny. I seriously was laughing out loud. Great stuff!

Emily Cole said...

I have actually had to do this myself... I went to bed one night this past winter, and I guess it was really dry in the house but my nose started bleeding and I thought I would never get it to stop! It took shoving a tampon up there and keeping it there for about 20 minutes before the bleeding would stop. Everyone else in the house was asleep, and I kept thinking "I'm going to have to wake DH up and tell him to take me to the hospital with a tampon up my nose!"