Friday, May 23, 2008

NYC Day 1

This is Jake waiting to get on the airplane and scamming the net!
Today was the "adjustment" day. Adjusting from a 4 1/2 hour flight of sitting and little to no sleep. Adjusting from sitting in traffic waiting to get to our hotel and having to listen to people who did get sleep, talk. Adjusting to fast moving crowds, over priced EVERYTHING, and a truly multicultural city! But it was well worth it! Today we started out walking around getting familiar with the streets and people. We bought the Hop On Hop Off bus tour tickets for 48 hours. Our tour guide got pretty annoying but on the flip side he knew his stuff. We went around Central Park, through Harlem, passed Columbia University, through Time Square, passed a bunch of famous people's apartments, and passed a ton of museums. We took some pictures but since you can't trust anyone to take your picture and return the camera, they are singles of Jake or just me. Tomorrow we'll set off to the Statue of Liberty, China Town, Lombardi's Pizza (1st pizza shop in the U.S.A.), another tour bus ride, and the Subway! I'm so excited to ride the subway, I can't contain myself. There a million things that I'm loving about New York, surprisingly I love the humidity. My skin has never felt this soft. We came at a good time too, it's only in the mid 70's. Not even cold enough to wear a jacket. So here's what we've taken so far. Oh, and I had to pay $10 to use the internet PER DAY! RIP OFF! So, I'll post more pictures later!

We're staying at the Grand Hyatt New York, this is our bed.
This is a crappy picture of the lobby. The lobby is amazing and you really can't get a good angle of everything.
This is a huge high rise that is under construction on the corner of 47th and Broadway. It reminded me of home - and no I don't miss work!
What Mormon goes out of town, passes the temple, and doesn't take a picture? 
I think this was a church. It had so much detail and it's really old that I was in aw!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wait, is the picture of what you think was a really old church the same as the temple? Or is it another building altogether?

Looks like fun!

Robbs said...

I forgot before, check out Ray & the family on our blog

Shanae said...

So, NY is pretty awesome-huh. We loved it there!Glad you guys had fun...you deserve it!