Sunday, May 4, 2008

Successfully Busy

Oh, where to begin. This week has been successfully busy! Successful in a way that this coming week is study week and then I successfully completed another semester. I turned in a number of papers, power points, and other homework assignments before it was over. So I have a week off to study, a week of finals, and then I immediately start summer school. BUSY. My house is a disaster pit and as soon as Jake goes to bed tonight I plan on dusting, vacuuming, and folding clothes. Saturday evening I was so tired of looking at school books that I decided to sew. I covered 4 of the 9 pillows on the couch. Why buy a new couch when you can just cover the pillows? I'm just taking scrap material that I've had forever and making covers. Not ghetto style though. They at least match - kinda. I'm using navy, cream, red, and probably green or yellow (I haven't decided). Either way, when it comes to making button holes...I'm a professional.
 This is the back of one that I finish (minus the buttons)
Okay don't mind the pile of scrapbook stuff on the other end of the table. I just finished a huge scrapbook and was too lazy to put the rest a way!
These are two other random pictures the I couldn't let go to waste. One is for my sister to see the side view of my hair. 

I also managed to give the dogs a haircut early this morning and yesterday morning. Now that the entire family has short hair (or no hair in Jake's case) for the summer, hopefully it will stay cool for a while.  
Today I received the best news! No, I didn't win Publisher's Clearing House. I was released from Nursery! YEE HAW! It was a bitter sweet moment. I did have the best class. None of them cried. Two crapped their pants every Sunday at the same time (clock work I must say). They knew how to sit in their chair for 30 minutes and eat snacks, drink out of dixie cups, and color. They would all hold on the rope when we went on walks - like champs! If you asked who helped make bugs, plants, clouds, etc. - they would respond, "Jesus". If you told them it was nap time, they would lay down! On a good day they could put toys away in 2 minutes flat. Even though they didn't sing, they still would do the hand motions for most of the songs - mainly Wheels on the Bus, the Wise Man and the Foolish Man, and Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree. Oh, to be able to go to talk to some one at church and get a response! Sitting next to my husband in Sunday school will be fun. Listening to old ladies in Relief Society talk about canning...wow that never sounded so exciting! It's like I'm in a new ward! I have no friends except Jake and the 2 year olds that new my bag was full of treats. The hardest part will be having to go 3 hours without eating! How sad!? Well, I'm off to clean!

6 comments:

Paige said...

Okay, first of all, why does Jake have no hair? Second, way to go on the sewing!!! I don't DO buttons. Just straight lines. And lastly, you have to check out my cousin Carrie's blog about HER husbands gag reflex. He sounds like Jake around poopy diapers. So he has a solution: http://openthedome.blogspot.com/ Have a good night! Hope your finals went well!

Karla and Mike said...

As your husband's mother, I am wondering why he is going to bed and YOU are doing the dusting, vacuuming, and folding clothes. It sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy, and I can't see why he can't do some of that cleaning while you are sewing, studying, writing papers, or making scrapbooks. Put that guy to work. His father vacuums all the time, and sometimes folds clothes. I do admit I haven't seen him dust....ever.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Emily, you are SO dang funny! I truly laughed out loud reading about the kids in the nursery. I know exactly how you feel though because they put Jacob and I in nursery as soon as we moved into our ward and then again when they rearranged and we had a new bishopric. There were days when I was like, "Could I just have a civilized conversation with someone that didn't respond with I WANT MY MOMMY, or the which one of these has a poopy diaper?!" LOL We should get together. I believe we would have fun since I LOVE to scrapbook and you make me laugh!

Josh and Jay said...

You are such the homemaker! So is this what you are doing besides your homework? At least your not playing the Wii! Thanks for the photos of the bike race- we are bloggin!

Jacob and Emily said...

Oh no...should I reblog or just respond?! I had a horrible headache last night and only managed to do dishes and dust (besides my normal OCD cleaning before bed). Jake today vacuumed, made the bed and folded laundry. Mom...you raised a good son after all! Jake and his buddy got this wild idea one April Conference to shave their heads...every summer it just feels nicer and it's not as hot! As for the nursery, when we move into the next ward, I'm not putting it on the "welcome to the ward, what callings have you had so that I can stick you back in that area" section. Not that they can't find out. I love scrapbooking with people when they like to share their paper. Don't show up with super cute paper (that you never are going to use) and not share. Take your cookies and go home. Lastly, I don't know if I would call myself a homemaker - I'm pretty cheap and I rip all of my ideas off of other people!...but maybe homemakers are cheap too! Wii is good for the soul...everyone should try it on a regular basis!

Mandy Frehner said...

I am so grateful for good nursery teachers! I'm glad you found my blog and linked me to yours. It's also nice to know that other people stay up until all hours of the night OCD cleaning too. I just can't figure out why all the OCD night cleaning never yeilds a clean house!