Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Limbardi's Pizza, Rockefeller Center, and the Brooklyn Bridge

Limbardi's Pizza is the very 1st pizza place in the United States. Very small restaurant but very busy. Pizza on the east coast is extremely different from the west coast. I think east coast pizza is an acquired taste. We ordered a small pizza and a calzone. The calzone was pretty good - not the worst I've ever eaten. The pizza was different. I'm not used to thin and crispy crust. Or better yet I'm not used to cutting my pizza with a knife where the cheese follows your knife and your fork stays with the bread!! It was different. Some like it - some don't. 
This picture is for Alex and Mandy. Look at the wine Lombardi's carries for being a small little joint! I was amazed!
Memorial Day flags in Rockefeller Center. 
Saturday was the official 125 birthday of the Brooklyn Bridge. Our bus tour guide said that there were going to be fireworks. There wasn't just a crazy light show on the bridge. It was still pretty neat.
Way blurry but I did walk the Brooklyn Bridge!
And so did Jake! - A crazy twisted Criminal Justice side note - someone could easily jump off this bridge to commit suicide and/or dispose of a body! There was only these side beams that lead over the cars and then a straight plummet to the water. We wondered how many people have done it. 
A night shot looking back toward Manhattan. 

3 comments:

Mandy and Alex said...

Great pictures Em! As for the wall of wine, Alex would be in heaven! We've talked about going to Lombardi's for a long time and I had no idea that they even had a collection nonetheless such an extensive one. I'm so glad you had a great vacation! So which city is next on your list to explore? Nashville, Atlanta, Chicago, London?

Mandy Frehner said...

Awesome pictures. It's so fun to travel. My favorite part is eating local food. I would love to go to New York someday.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Great pictures! Love the one of Manhattan at night. :) I want to go to NYC now!