Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More Pictures of day #2

World Trade Center Construction. I wasn't too impressed. Maybe I should reword that. I didn't feel the "oohhh" special moment that everyone says they feel. Maybe because we were on the back side of the memorial. Either way, right now it's still just a hole. 
Jake's love of the stock market grows further to the American Stock exchange!
They say that they don't clean the floor of the stock market until the day before - like Sunday night for Monday. They have it blocked off so you can't go up to the door but it would be pretty cool to see. Because everything is going digital or stocks are being bought and sold online the offices above the main floor are being renovated and rented out. So there is hope - you may rent a space above the main trading floor. Jake would never come home!
This is some historic church. I think it's where something was signed (I want to say the Declaration of Independence but that's not it...) either way it stuck out like a soar thumb among all of the other structures in the area. 
I thought this was pretty cool. A bit patriotic. It's off of Wall Street. I think it's another entrance to the Stock Exchange. We didn't go look we turned and went up the opposite street. 

No comments: