Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Life, Family, and more School

Often times I feel that I sit down to start a new posting and I'm speechless. I can't decide to write on an particular event (if any actually happened at all)! Because we're blogging more for journal purposes than bragging rights, I should probably just write. Any update is better then no update, right?

Last weekend was so nice, weather wise, that I couldn't handle being inside. I got up Saturday morning, finished watching Intervention, got dressed and went for my official first run in the Spring! I ran 2 miles and I couldn't stop thinking of all the things that needed to get done around the house, so i headed home. We cleaned, gave the dog a hair cut, played catch in the park, took the dogs to the dog park, ate dinner with some friends, and walked through the shops in Town Square. Not one lick of homework was done. I must say it was rather enjoyable. Sunday was filled with church, homework, and lots of sleep!

Even if you don't live in Las Vegas, you probably have heard of the malpractice issues at the Endoscopy Center of Southern Nevada. If not, long story short is - they were reusing syringes to administer medications. Thus possibly spreading Hepatitis B, C, and possibly HIV to over 40,000 people. It's very rare to talk about current cases in my Criminal Justice classes (due to the client confidentiality - many of my teachers are lawyers, attorney generals, chief probation officers, etc.) but because this is so huge, it's hard to ignore it. Jake's business teachers even mentioned that it's a great business to be in if you are a lawyer right now! It's pretty sad to think of it that way but it's true. However, more ironically, it's rare to know someone that is effected by such an issue. Unfortunately, we do. My Aunt Pat (mom's sister) could be a not-so-lucky candidate to be re-tested. It sure is a different feeling to a case when you know someone on a personal level or who is related. I guess until we hear news that she needs to be re-tested, we live life and enjoy it to its fullest.

2 Weeks until Spring Break! Between now and then...we have tests, papers, and multiple books to read! Nothing has changed!

1 comment:

Andrew and Sara said...

I love the new back ground, it's way cute.