Saturday, March 22, 2008

Pine Creek (Red Rock) and Rolling Eggs!

This morning we went with Jaimie and Josh Mills to Red Rock to explore a new hike. We ventured to Pine Creek where the water was flowing and the trail was unclear. Although there was a sign posted that said "Wilderness". I'm glad it was clarified but last I checked...the entire park is in the wilderness! We got a good laugh out of it. 
Jake was the first to step in the water and get wet. It wasn't freezing but still a little chilly!
I got a little sun too! I ended up with a little burn on my neck and pink arms! Yeah...summer is coming!
Some lady and her husband had stopped to eat near the top of the semi-marked trail. They were different. They asked if we had any "biddle" or something like that. Jake thought she asked for a fiddle. Either way, we had no clue what she was talking about. We asked her to snap our picture and as it turns out she cut off Jake's head! (and I'm sticking out my gut because I was falling backwards!)
Oh and the fun doesn't stop there! Later this evening we ate dinner, watched a movie, colored eggs, and then rolled them? Rolling eggs is definitely a Utah thing. I heard Shanae (old roommate) her family doing this. A guy at work mentioned he was going to do it this weekend. Then Jaimie asked me if we did it. I guess Josh's family does. So...we gave it a try! We drove to the park and the hill was lame. So we drove to a construction site and rolled eggs Vegas style! On a bumpy mound of dirt. I guess you're supposed to do it on a hill that you can watch them break. Jake is the law abiding citizen that continually reminded me in the car that according to the NRS trespassing IS against the law and we were going to get fined by the police! He stood at the bottom of the hill and was the photographer! If you look hard enough you can see Jaime, Me, and Josh. Then the remains along with a broken beer bottle!

1 comment:

Josh and Jay said...

Josh's tradition is freaking awesome!! You guys are now better people because you have adopted this tradition into your lives. Your children will be forever grateful and will probably want Josh to be their Godfather.

Ha Ha!! That was from Josh.