Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Hinckley

Jake and I sat and watched a couple of videos last night on the life of President Hinckley. There's not much more to say then, "He's a person to strive to be like". I read his book Go Forward with Faith a couple of years back and thoroughly enjoyed it. It gave me insight about how prophets are men too. They have faults and trials just like everyone else. I love learning about their history. I also like to see transition in the church from one bishop to another or when a new Relief Society President is called. It is interesting to see how the world reacted to the Pope's death and then to watch their reaction of the Prophet's death. There wasn't much media attention on the issue especially compared to the Pope. I remember the long waiting period between the death of the Pope and finding out who the new one was going to be. I enjoy knowing that our transition is swift and smooth. There isn't much guessing on when someone will be chosen to lead the church. I couldn't say it better then my sister-in-law did. Check out her blog (Brian & Paige link from my site) - she's an amazing blogger!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Aw, you are sweet. Thanks for the pressure. ;)