Friday, January 18, 2008

4 Years!


Yesterday Jake and I celebrated our 4th year of being married! According to the "Universal Timeline" within 5 years we should have:

1) bought a house
2) had two kids
3) both graduated and be well established in a career
4) be debt free and investing
5) be driving luxury vehicles
what we really have done is:

1) realized that we don't want to live in Las Vegas much longer and we're grateful we didn't buy a house
2) have been going through the process of trying to have kids - I have to make an appointment still & the chance of being put on drugs and having twins is greater. (That will catch us up on that statistic!)
3) I'm graduating in the summer & Jake has settled into his major
4) We're on our way to being debt free!
5) A Honda Civic is much more luxurious then a beater car!

I'm not really sure the "Universal Timeline" is anywhere near accurate but it's fun to see where we "should" stand. Actually I think we got a bigger kick out of it then anything else. On the flip side we have learned a lot about each other and how to make it work. We've experienced a lot through friends and family drama. And I'm pretty sure we would have split if we didn't have the gospel in our lives. Being sealed for all time and eternity puts everything into perspective. As long as we are continually progressing in this life it will make the next life much easier. Of all the arguments and discussions that we have had, I'm pretty lucky to have a wonderful husband.

4 comments:

Paige said...

I tried to leave a message and it got mad at me. We weren't in much better shape than you after five years. Congrats on your anniversary!!

Shanae said...

There's a universal timeline? Hey, is a minivan a luxury vehicle?

Jacob and Emily said...

This was something off of msn or something like that that I clicked on that led me somewhere else and then to somewhere else. I'll have to find it again. Mom's in minivans are amazingly relaxed and comfortable - the screaming kids in the back are a different story. I call that luxury!

Anonymous said...

I don't know where you heard of a universal timeline from... but I don't know of anyone who has all of those things! At least you are your way to what you want and you have a good marriage, that is what matters. Congrats on your anniversity!