Monday, February 4, 2008

What a week...

Where to start? Last week my mom and I went to an EMERGENCY Preparedness Fair that my ward put on. It was really fun and motivating to start getting prepared! Jake and I already had a 24 hour kit, a 72 hour kit, and plenty of food in storage, but I just didn't know what to do with any of it. This was a very informative fair. Now I just sit and wait for an emergency. After, mom bought us a new dehydrator and we made more beef jerky and dried apples and bananas. All of which is gone already! We’ve now moved on to the next batch. Our weekdays consist of work and school. All other time is spent at the library. My classes are really awesome this semester. I’m in an amazing Forensic Science class. Lots of nasty pictures of death! (Side note: I still can’t bring myself to watch CSI, due to the fact that it is purely false and 99% is done illegally.)


Friday, we went to KA a Circus Du Soleil show at the MGM. Our seats were amazing, up front and a little off to the left and we really enjoyed the show. Lots of funny parts, amazing talent, and nice bodies! A must see if you are visiting Las Vegas anytime soon. Saturday we watched President Hinckley’s funeral services and then went to the library. Sunday was church, the SUPER BOWL (yeah New York!), and back to the library. Jake and I usually don’t study on Sunday, but after the funeral services (and documentary) we got to the library so late and it closed so early! Excuses, excuses, I know. Now the dragging day of Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Em!!

I was so excited to see you put us up here. I read you blogs every week. I feel a little connected to you through them. SO how are you? We are good. We got three feet of snow last week, so we're cold. Take care
Jacque

Jacob and Emily said...

My believed wife had forgotten to mention her bad habit of eating our food storage. Her reasoning? We need to make sure they taste good and don't expire 4 years too early! She's good at ordering and eating. lol :-) Jake (the husband)

Jacob and Emily said...

I mean beloved not believed!!