Thursday, January 3, 2008

Late Christmas Pictures


I totally forgot to display our fabulous Christmas tree this year! Every year the same question is asked, should we get a real tree or a fake one? I grew up with nothing but real trees. Jake grew up with the same old boring fake one. I am dead set on real. He is dead set on fake. Not only do I want a real one, I want one that I picked out from the middle of nowhere and cut down myself! So we came to an agreement. Until we have children and they are 7 we will purchase real trees. This gives Jake at least 8 years before we haul the family up the mountain and hack one down ourselves!! Then when we are old and all of the kids are out on their own, we'll dip in and purchase a fake one. This way our children will have the wonderful opportunity to see a 7 ft. tree turn into a 4 ft nub. They will be able to hear their dad swear during this wonderful season because the trunk is too big to fit in the stand (then causing more cutting). They will be able to fill it up with water to have the dog drink out of it. They will be able to step on pine needles, vacuum them up, and smell them 3 months after Christmas has past! Last but not least they will ruin multiple shirts from the sticky sap! Oh the wonderful memories that shall come (AGAIN!!).  So...here was this years tree! The stocking and kissing dogs were randomly put there to keep away from the dogs... I guess we never moved them after that!



The dogs did get one toy this year from the Taylor's and surprisingly they took turns opening it!



2 comments:

Paige said...

Cute tree. Looks like we need to get you some ornaments next year for Christmas. ;)

Jacob and Emily said...

Jake said I had too many Snowmen ornaments so we didn't put all of them up! I should have turned the lights on or something...it looks a little drag!