Thursday, January 8, 2009

Columbia River

Jake and I decided to go to the Columbia River today. It was a quick trip because it's still freezing outside and being by the water didn't help. The river is 5 minutes away from the house. It's beautiful. And we can't wait until it warms up. Here are a couple of pictures from our adventure!

Self Photo

Jake loves pictures...can you tell?
Me by the river.

Anyone who has a Mac has seen the pebble picture. This is our pebble picture.
These are the dreaded geese. This should be the state bird.

The Columbia River is really wide but not too wide where you can't see the other side.
This is a tree that someone carved in. They have the same thing in Reno but of fish. This one tells some story. I was too cold to figure it out.
This is our view from our "love swing". There are spots around the park that you can stop and sit. We always sit on the swing. Jake calls it the "love swing". I thought it was pretty funny.
Squirrel # 1, 290, 876. They were everywhere. Jake thinks they are like rodents. They are good at taking pictures.

I was infatuated by the "rodents". I couldn't believe how many there were. It was pretty freaky.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey Emily,
Hows it going! I hope that you guys had a good Christmas and are having a great 2009 so far! I hate to be the bearer of bad news...actually it's more of a matter of fact rather than bad news. The fish tree is no longer there! I actually just noticed that it was gone a couple of weeks ago.