Sunday, January 18, 2009

5 Years and it still fits!

Jake and I celebrated our 5th Year Anniversary yesterday. Time sure does fly when you are having fun! We have a two distinct traditions. One is to go to Applebee's and eat dinner (or lunch) because it's where our first date was. This year, we pulled up to Applebee's and there was quite the wait. So, we opted to go to Olive Garden instead. The second tradition is to climb back into our wedding gear and dance. We have grown a little in 5 years but we still fit!





Jake grew just a little around the center

I fit perfectly fine in my dress but it looks like I'm busting out the top!!
We celebrate with the finest!
Flashback: Instead of having a guest book that sits in a closet, we have a plate that sits on our shelf.

In the 5 years of being married we have had some great times and some crappy times. I'm pretty sure the fun thrills of life out weigh the downer moments! When we think we've been through it all, the excitement begins again . . . just how we like it!

9 comments:

Mama Harris said...

You LOOK BEAUTIFUL!! And Jake,...well, there's just a wee bit more to love! But he's as handsome as ever!

Congrats on 5 wonderful years (along with the crappy too)and hope you look forward to the next 70 years together!

As a little note to you...I remember the last time that I tried on my wedding dress...it was right before Mandy used it to be a bride on Halloween! lol

Treasure your moments together one by one and always practice gratitude and contentment.

Love you both....
Mom

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

I especially like the bare feet!!! At least you can still fit in your dress!!! That's an accomplishment!!

Mandy Frehner said...

You look absolutely adorable in that dress! Yeah for being able to fit in it. I know I can't say the same about my own...great traditions, happy fifth.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Your dress is beautiful! I seriously doubt that I would still fit in my dress. :( That's such a cute tradition. Congrats on 5 years and here's to a BUNCH more!

Britney and Jaron said...

Wow! 5 years and still going strong! Congrats! I'm sad that I didn't get to see you in your dress on your wedding day so I am glad you posted the pictures. That is a fun tradition too! I think I will have to do that soon. I love my dress! Yours is beautiful by the way and you look great in it! You should post some of your wedding pictures too. I would love to see them!

Mandy and Alex said...

I like the kissy picture and my, my you are a little busty. Happy Anniversary! May the next 5 be more amazing than the first.

xoxox
Mandy

Steve said...

Looks like you two still got it. :) I think I might wait a few more years to try on my dress, so I have a better reason why it doesn't fit. Congrats on 5 years. So fun!

You have been busy! Steve is looking into internships in Washington, so maybe we'll see you up north!

Busy Mamma said...

Oh my gosh!! I love that you guys put you're wedding gear back on! Em you look absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys and hope you have another great 5 years, and then 5 more after that, and 5 more after that . . . :-)

The Bames said...

That would be a good use for my dress. It is still in my parents garage, right where I left it the night we were married.

I wanted one of those sign in plates but Jeff said no way - I think they are adorable.