Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's been long...

I've been away for the last month because of school, work, and life. It's been so super busy around here that it's hard to keep up. The only problem...I can't think of one thing we have done. This last summer class was by far my most interesting. It was on Hate Crimes. I've never been on so many hate websites in my life (or ever)! And I learned that people really don't have a good reason to hate. I get a week off and then I'm back to the books. Work is slow, but I have to be there all day - so I just deal with it. As far as the home life...nothing. But yet we are so busy. I'm making a list of things that we'll put in the garage sale before we move away. I figure if we move at the end of December, I'll pack a room a month. It won't be to hard. Since I dropped my camera in the ocean at the family reunion I don't have any amazing pictures to post. OH! Jake's sister and husband came down from Washington to celebrate their anniversary. It was a lot of fun to hang out with them. We would have done more but it was finals week and I had a paper to write. We did go see the pirate show at the Treasure Island. It sucked. Don't bring your kids under 12 because it's not so family oriented. It was good to see them again. I'm reading a good book Jake's parents gave him. It's called Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey. It's really good and I would recommend it. It teaches you the in's and out's of money. How to use it properly and what not. Jake loves it. If anyone wants to borrow it let me know! I'm officially addicted to the Olympics. It motivated me to get back in shape - so the work out program has begun! GO USA!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I was wondering where you were! Where are you moving to in December? It sounds like school and work are keeping you really busy. I'm so glad Jeremy is done with school, finally. Now he just has to find a job! Anyway, I'm totally into the Olympics as well, GO USA!

Mandy Frehner said...

Yeah, you're back! School can be so draining. I can't wait until Brad is done - and I'm so glad I finished undergrad before we got married - there is no way I could juggle everything - kudos to you!
Ditto on the Olympics! I am always waiting people from the other countires to mess up. He, he, he, he:)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Where did you decide to move? I am also way into the Olympics. I am glued to the TV every night until the wee hours of the morning. :) GO USA!! Rock on Michael Phelps! :)

Josh and Jay said...

Yea! for updates. Not that I don't hear it all at work but ya know! I am glad that you added "or ever" after you talked about visiting hate crime websites! ha ha

Britney and Jaron said...

Bummer that you are dealing with the hectic life of going to school! I am so glad I have been done with that for a few years. I am glad I'm done teaching too! So where are you moving? Next time I am down we should totally get together before you move.
I love the Olympics too but Jaron and I just have them all recorded and fast forward through what we don't want to watch. It's great!

Anonymous said...

What up? I got a blog: bradandraepeterson.blogspot.com...this is Rachel by the way. Hope things are going well for you!