Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Vacation is over...but not forgotten

So after a week and a half away from Vegas...it's hard to come back. Jake and I flew to Washington and drove with his parents to the Oregon coast for a family vacation. We had a blast! We went to Cannon Beach and saw the anemones and star fish at Haystack Rock. We also went to Seaside to eat, shop, and play in the amazing arcade! We played games at the cottage like bocce (I wasn't so good in grass!), kickball, and frisbee. Not to mention the dice game Greed and the card game Spite and Malice. We went to Astoria, saw the Goonies House, the school from Kindergarden Cop, and one Sea Lion. We ate a ton of good food and they say the Clam Chowder is amazing there - if I wasn't allergic I may have tried it. We watched Brashear home movies, went shopping, had a camp fire (and sang songs!), and ate some more! We celebrated 5 birthdays too. We went into Portland and got to go in the underground tunnels. A must if you're going there. We also went to the Portland's Saturday Market. This was a free loving market. A vast variety of people and junk/crafts for sale. On the way home we stopped by these amazing waterfalls! I'm in love with Oregon. Yep it's official. It's green, the weather is better then HEAT, and I can people watch every where I go! The only problem on the vacation was - I dropped our camera in the ocean! It never worked again after it was dried out so we had to toss it. So thanks to the rest of the family - these pictures are borrowed! 

4 comments:

Mandy Frehner said...

Wow! Just when you think that Bagas isn't that bad, you see beautiful pictures like that and realize it really is a hot, dumpy place right now!
When I first saw the pictures I thought maybe you were in Santa Cruz, CA. It is really cool like that, old storybook houses with character, mountains and beaches. Fun times! I bet it was hard to come back here - blah!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Ok, so if I would have read this one first I would have realized that was in Oregon and that it really IS the Goonies house which OFFICIALLY makes you the COOLEST person I KNOW! :) I also love Kindergarten Cop and would love to visit Oregon. Are you really going to move there?

Jacob and Emily said...

I tried to post this first but...I guess when you write a post and save it as a draft, then upload pictures, you can't click on publish post to make it the last thing. Weird. I sticks it in when you created it. Just an FYI for everyone else!! I thought it looked a lot like So. Cal too except the beaches were actually sparkling clean and it was much more cold. All of the beaches in Oregon are public unlike all of the private ones in California. I didn't know that until I went.

Mandy and Alex said...

Sounds like you had a great time. You have my full permission (not that you ever needed it) to move to Oregon!