Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Unlucky

Unlucky. Truly there really isn't a better word to describe our family. It's only Tuesday and I'm already posting!! Only this is to inform everyone that we are rather unlucky and if you are hoping for any bit of luck - stay clear! It starts out with an accident, being locked out of the house, and then a giant miscalculation of funds in the budget. First things first, Jake called me today and all I could hear was, "Ma'am I am SO sorry. Are you okay?" repeated like 3 times. Then he realizes I picked up the phone and tells me that he's been in an accident and he'll call me back. All I could think of was that it was his fault and we'll be sued because that's what people do in America. Well, it turns out that Yes it was fault but as of right now we're not being sued. The lady t-boned Jake as he was making a left hand turn. Lesson for everyone - when you're crossing traffic and cars that are backed up let you squeeze through, the right lane might not stop. Not only that if a guy on a bike decides to cross the entry of where you're turning into he might just jump off his bike and toss it in front of your car - causing you to stop and the lady in the van to slam into the side of your car. Welcome to Las Vegas. P.S. both passengers doors are not able to open and I now sit in the back. Bad luck - 1 Brashear's - 0. So after zooming over to my dad's house to eat dinner we came home stuffed and ready to relax. Only to realize that I had taken the house key off of the key chain and we were locked out. Nobody in the family has a spare. So, we hop the fence, take a piece of firewood from the pit, reach through the dog door, and swing it up to hit the lock. After a few tries...Success! Hopefully the neighbor rats didn't watch - but most likely the did. Bad luck - 2 Brashear's - 0. Lastly when we opened the mail we realize that insurance, registration, increase of rent, and now a $500 deductible is due. On top of the regular bills. This somehow = low funds! Which is always a nice feeling right? Right. Bad luck - 3 Brashear's -0.
On a more positive note, we are truly blessed and have a million things to not go unnoticed but sometimes - just sometimes - it feels like life just SUCKS. Well, now that everyone knows that we are normal and have rough moments, we'll be back in action soon. In fact, this week can only get better! We're leaving town on Saturday.

6 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Girl, I feel ya! I say all the time if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have ANY! That really sucks about the accident and the money. The getting locked out was a little funny in the way that you got in. LOL :) Anyway, love your positive attitude that you will be back in action soon. Keep on truckin girl! Be safe on your trip out of town.

Josh and Jay said...

So I love the new blog design! Yup, definet bad luck. I think it's because you work at AZTECH. Weird things happen there...I think you know what I mean. Good luck on your vaca with fam. I can't wait to hear the many many stories. I will do my best to hold down the fot at work while you are gone - but hey if I don't and the hole place goes to pots (since we are all way to dependent on you) well you'll finally be free!!

Josh and Jay said...

ps that word is fort not fot...um, I have issues.

Mandy Frehner said...

Yah for vacations! Have fun on your trip. When it rains, it pours! Here's to better luck soon:)

Mandy and Alex said...

Man what a day! If you need anything let me know. Have fun with the family!

Josh and Jay said...

Can you take your bad luck back?! I think you left it here in Vegas. ha ha.