Monday, April 13, 2009

EASTER FUN!

Our 1st Easter up in Washington was not going to start off without EGGS! Jake and I have colored eggs every year and have always had a BLAST!! This year we colored 9 and Brandon and Katie colored 9. We get our $1.19 worth from the dye kit. We played the memory game (Katie won - best two out of three), applied every sticker to the eggs, and used the holders given. I would like to point out that this was the first year that the kit did not come with stickers that said, "DAD", "MOM", "SISTER", or "BROTHER". In fact they didn't include any stickers of a religious nature - like crosses and church buildings. I couldn't believe they have managed to take the religion out of Easter kits. There were plenty of bunnies and flowers though!
~no fancy colors this year~

Sunday we enjoyed a nice hunk of ham! It was pretty tasty! We have enough ham now to last us until next Easter! We'll be eating ham sandwiches, ham and eggs, ham a-la-king, fried ham, cold ham, honey ham, ham on our pizza, ham and egg casserole, ham here, ham there, ham ham and more ham. Until it's gone!

I'm not a big candy eater during Easter. EXCEPT Cadbury Eggs. I'm in love with them. I'm especially in love with the Cadbury Caramel Egg! Caramel is my down fall.

034000001163.jpg

So you can only imagine my excitement when I opened the box of 4! 


So this year I've had my dose of Ham, Cadbury Eggs, and bunny impostors! 

~okay so she doesn't quite look like a bunny~

As the weather continues to stay nice, we'll continue with the daily grind!
~visiting jake for lunch~

~jake mowing the lawn~

I keep forgetting to take a picture of the peas but they are getting HUGE!

5 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Is that your house in the background where Jake is mowing the lawn? What a gorgeous house and landscaping! I'm jealous!

Jacob and Emily said...

Nope it's the neighbors!

Krista said...

Should have made him use a push mower. Derek had to when we had a lawn. (HE has NOT come up with anything.... That's how the baby naming goes with him. The only name I have said that he hasn't said no to is, Kaleb. But it's not my favorite. I really like Rylan. Derek thinks it sounds like a girl's name.)

Katie said...

I imagined you were listing off all the ham foods like on forrest gump with shrimp, made it funnier to read! I notice you guys didn't take a picture of our eggs, too good for us? interesting haha jk. ^_^ It was definitely fun and we're so glad we were able to share in your easter tradition! Should've saved an egg, (frozen it!) as my trophy for winning the game and passed that egg on to the next winner next year! Too bad I ate all our eggs.... - -

Josh and Jay said...

Are you wearing an Aztech shirt in that picture!? Emily....