Saturday, January 8, 2011

Good bye Gus Gus

A new obsession began this winter. The field mice have become braver and ventured to new territory, right outside of our back sliding door. I think one little mouse, named Gus Gus, enjoys teasing the dogs stuck behind the glass door. They will sit for hours waiting for Gus Gus to appear. When we let them out they will sniff everywhere looking to find him.
being teased
He looks like a ball of fuzz.
The other morning after the dogs had gone out and come back in. Jake heard Sage growling in the bedroom. So he went in and told them to knock it off. They all ran away. So he flipped the light on to see what they were growling about and Gus Gus was lifeless on the bedroom floor! Apparently the mice will tunnel through the snow and the dogs can hear them. They will pounce on the snow in hopes to catch them. It grosses me out so much. The other day Belle tossed one in the air! I tried to save it but he was gone.

This is the only reason I can't wait for spring!

3 comments:

Mandy and Alex said...

Holy Cow! Gross! But I have to say, I laughed really hard at the thought to Belle tossing mice in the air. There goes any argument Jake might have of why you would need a cat.

P.S. That furry mouse looks almost like a small rat.

The Bames said...

My cat likes to bring me dead lizards and half dead, yes that right I said half dead, pigeons as little presents.

It totally grosses me out too!Usually I just do a little scream and jump and make Jeff take care of it. I love husbands for that!

Katie said...

Wow, when you put a name to the mouse like a favorite Gus Gus, makes it more funny but gross at the end result. Poor thing, I really need to follow your blog more often! Done, home page! ^_^ It was so great to see you guys here this week. *Sigh, i wish you guys lived closer....love you both!