Sunday, March 28, 2010

Campus on the Run

Campus on the Run is a race that WSU puts on every year and the proceeds go to local charities. This year Jake participated in this gruling 5k. I opted out. He and his buddies have been preparing for it. For this being his first 5k he didn't do so bad, especially considering there were quite a few avid runners in the race. We were pretty impressed he placed 221st out of 459.
I was in charge of cheering and photos. I did pretty well at the cheering but not so well on the photos. I actually forgot I had the camera until it was almost too late. Of the 4 pictures I took these two were the best.
Next year the goal is to place closer to a friend of ours name Brian. He placed 20th.

4 comments:

Mandy and Alex said...

That's awesome! That's so amazing that he placed in the top half of all the runners-I think that's an incredible accomplishment. Way to go Jake!

Josh and Jay said...

FANTASTIC!!!

Katie said...

Great job Jake!!!

Ryan and Angela said...

Brings back memories of our cross country days! Gotta love Coach Burgess and his mystery punch.