Wednesday, August 5, 2009

FYI

This is a conversation between a girl in Juvie and I.

Me: "Use that phone."
Juvie girl: "It's broken."
Me: "Is it really? Are you sure?" (some times the kids just don't know how to use it)
Juvie girl: "Yeah! What do you think I'm a liar?"
Me: "Well, you are a Juvenile Delinquent and in Juvie (for falsifying information to the police I will add) and criminals tend to lie."
Juvie girl: "I'm not a criminal. I'm just a felon."

I ended the conversation there but still got a good laugh.

So just in case you were wondering, you can be a felon but not a criminal.

4 comments:

Andrew and Sara said...

So, was the phone broken?

Katie said...

that sounds about right. I found out why a kid is single. He has this rainbow hat today (other than that fact) that has something written on it and then if you read between the rainbow lines it actually says something else, something specific about the woman. And these kids wonder why they cant get a date...seriously!

Jacob and Emily said...

I don't know if the phone was broke. I didn't check it. I just had her use a different one.

I'm glad someone else can see how dumb they really are.

MattJulieGavin said...

Wow! Glad you found us! We often wonder how you guys are doing. You look like you are doing really well. I bet living in Washington is fun. We are beyond jealous of the garden and all that it's producing! My goodness that is awesome! It's so good to "see" you!!! Thanks!